- The classic: ’French Toast‘
The bread is hard as stone? It’s not sliceable/bitable/eatable anymore?
→ soak it in milk and eggs, spice it up with herbs of Provence, salt, pepper and whatever you like
Leave it for half a day and fry it– yummy!
2. The fruits have brown spots and the apples are a bit mushy?
Cut out the spots, mix it all up (e.g. raspberries and pears or apples and rhubarb) and cook it. Depending on your taste add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom or something like that.
3. Experiment: The vegetables are flabby? A bit brown? They don’t fit together? You can’t cook a ‘proper’ meal with them?
Remove the flabby leaves, cut out the brown spots. Cut everything with a short cooking time in big pieces and everything which needs a longer cooking time in smaller ones. Steam everything in a big pot, add broth and cook it until it is well-done/well-cooked, whatever you prefer.
4. The egg-test: Put an egg in a glass of water. Does it float on top = it’s bad :(. Does it sink to the bottom = it’s still good :).
5. Meat and everything similar: Always fry thoroughly!!
6. Be creative :):) – raw sauerkraut with strawberry yogurt, apple rice (apple puree with cooked rice), fried spinach-soy schnitzel-onion-turnip-mixture
… and so on.
Enjoy your meal!